The Ronford-Baker Atlas 7 is a patented design fluid head. Equipped with a strong, rigid design with minimum platform flex, together with the well-proven Ronford-Baker fluid system.
Under Atlas 7 3rd Axis Mode, the camera can revolve on the lens axis. The Nodal Point can be found by attaching the camera without the lens by using a pointer in its place. Counterbalance weights can be fitted on both 3rd Axis and Tilt, at the top and bottom of the adjuster plates.
- Modular construction featuring, identical fluid units for pan, tilt, 3rd & 4th axis
- Full 2-3 axes set up in minutes
- The fluid units have 15 variations of fluid control, plus zero (fluid free) positions at both ends of the scale
- All fluid units are capable of 360º rotation
- Joining these units together is simple. Twin tapered dovetails & a simple thumbscrew fixing, allows tool-free construction
- The Atlas 7 can be widened or raised via quick-change blocks at 4cm, 8cm and 16cm wide, offering a quick and rigid interface
- Smooth positive braking
- The camera is mounted via sliding plates of different lengths & styles, including ARRI Dovetail, Panavision or Quick Release types.
- The Platform is vertically balanced by a quick adjusting ratchet mount, with fine-tune nodal adjuster
- Pan bar mounting through the fluid units centre spindle, with various ratchet mounting. Numerous pan bar options
- Mitchell base as standard with 150 m/m ball option
- 2 Spirit levels, 1 in the pan & 1 in the platform
- Environmentally sealed
- Weight (2 axis) 14.5 kgs
- Height 40cm / 15 ¾”
- Width 27 cm / 10 ½”
- Depth 18 cm / 7”
- Maximum loading 55 kgs