Based on the Optimo 44-440 A2S lens, which was introduced in April 2016, and after some customers’ suggestions, the new Optimo 42-420 A2S has a different focal length and has even less distortion than the 44-440, which already was minimal. The lens provides the specifications that made the Optimo 44-440 A2S lens so popular and some different image characteristics.
- 2:1 horizontal squeeze achieved by cylinder optics in the rear part of the lens
- Perfect homogeneity of color, contrast, resolution and low distortion typical of the optimo series
- Constant T4.5 across zoom range, no ramping
- Minimal breathing suitable for rack focusing
- Close Focus of (1.24m/4’1“ feet) enables extreme close-up shots
- Reduced distortion on all focal lengths and all focus distances
- One of the lightest and most compact anamorphic zooms of its range